Transport Research Institute
Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh EH10 5DT
Project Leader: Alfred Baird
Persons responsible for content: Damian Stantchev
Design: Kosma Klosowicz, Bielefeld, Germany
Development: Marc Hesse, Bielefeld, Germany
All content on this website is the property of the KNOWME project and may not be used without explicit permission, loaded or modified. Documents and texts provided on the website are free to download. However, their authors retain all copyright right; therefore all citations from these documents should refer to their author, date document and presentation/text title, and the source URL.
You may hyperlink to this webpage, provided your link does not portray the KNOWME project in a false, derogatory, misleading or other offensive manner.
Disclaimer of warranties and Limitation of Liability
This webpage is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. By visiting this website, you accept our Conditions of Use and agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
The KNOWME project does not provide a warranty that this webpage, servers or emails sent are free of viruses or other harmful components. The KNOWME project will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site. We do not take responsibility for any externally provided content of the linked sites.
- Required by law.
- Your consent has been given.
The information you have given will be stored on our computer systems and used in the following ways:
- Marketing: In order that we may keep you informed by post, email, telephone or other electronic means of the news, events or services that may be of interest.
- Web statistics: To improve the service to our clients and to analyse our website's use without identifying you as an individual.
- Market Research: From time to time we may ask you to take part in research surveys to assist us with improving our service to existing and potential students.
- To comply with legal process e.g. search warrant, subpoena, court order etc.
- To protect Edinburgh Napiers University's rights and property.
- To investigate reports of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website.
- During emergencies, e.g. when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
Accepting this statement acknowledges Edinbrugh Napier University will not be responsible for damages you or any others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
KNOWME use of Visitor Statistics
When you visit the KNOWME website www.know-me.org, our systems automatically log and collect statistics about your visit. These statistics are very much like television ratings that tell the networks how many people tuned in to a particular program. We only use this type of data in aggregate i.e. we look at the data collectively, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. These statistical ratings do not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any of our users. It does however allow us to examine customer traffic patterns and website usage. This helps us to enhance the design and layout of the site making it easier to navigate. We also collect and analyse traffic on our website by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. (An IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer when you are using your browser on the internet.) We log this information in order that we can monitor data such as the number of visitors visiting the website; however, we do not link your IP address to any personally identifiable information.
We use a technology nicknamed "Cookies" on our website. Cookies make your visit to our website easier and improve the quality of the visitor experience. They assist navigation through the site and adjust colours to identify location. Our Cookies in these respects are temporary and are not used to log personal information. You should know that Cookies are not able to extract personal information from your system or cause damage. Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies. It is important to note that you may not be able to use certain features on our website if you choose not to accept Cookies.
Revised: November 2011
Contact: Please see the http://www.know-me.org/contact-us