Third KNOWME newsletter published
- Created on Friday, 15 February 2013 09:24
The KNOWME project published its third newsletter. Issues are relevant to the maritime industry such as
- the future demand of maritime professionals in the maritime and port industry
- the cross-cultural training needs of maritime professionals
- the assessment of training requirements for seafarers and how these can be met by the adequate provision of maritime education and training
- the current state and future integration of maritime education and training in Europe
- the state of policies and strategies for training, education and knowledge development
KNOWME partners became IAMU members
- Created on Thursday, 18 October 2012 13:18
The KNOWME project partners University of Applied Sciences Bremen and Chalmers University were welcomed as new members of the IAMU at the Annual General Assembly of the International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU), which took place Oct 15-17, 2012 in St. John's, Canada.
Project partner Thomas Pawlik: "I consider this membership as another important step towards the interlinking with international maritime educational institutions." He also adds: "I feel that the resulting synergetic effects will be of great direct value for education and research in this field." Thomas Pawlik is Professor of Maritime Management and Dean of Studies at the University of Applied Sciences Bremen's Centre of Maritime Studies. In the conference Chalmers’s maritime researcher, Lisa L. Froholdt, Ph.D., succeeded in accomplishing a letter of acceptance on her co-authored paper “Challenges and Opportunities in Maritime Education and competence development – a comparative analysis of lessons learnt”.
The IAMU unites well-known scientists who are doing research on presently relevant topics reaching from enhancing energy efficient ship handling to analysing the requirements for safe navigation within the arctic region. These innovative solutions amongst others are generated through communication and sharing experiences. At present 56 different universities across the world are member of IAMU.