Fourth KNOWME newsletter published
- Created on Monday, 01 July 2013 15:01
The KNOWME project published its fourth newsletter. Issues are relevant to the maritime industry such as
- the image of shipping
- maritime e-courses flexible education offers
- communication, internet access and retention of seafarers in the shipping industry.
Free maritime e-courses available
- Created on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 12:29
One of the general objectives of the KNOWME project is to improve opportunities for innovative education and training. Employees in the maritime transport sector are in need of innovative opportunities for education and training that focus on their special working conditions. To meet this aim, the KNOWME project has developed three e-courses: Cross-Cultural Training, Maritime Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Environmental Management.
The e-courses’ concept aims at facilitating modern career management and development for potential workforce, seafarers and on-shore staff under a life cycle approach.
- Target groups: Potential and current workforce on board and onshore; employees in
the maritime industry. The prerequisites to these e-courses are on a general level.
- Course progression: The e-courses run 100% online.
- Learning Workload: 45 hours for each course
- Starting date: anytime
- Costs: none
- Language: English